DCA (dollar cost averaging) is used to make additional purchases when the price falls. This allows you to reach a lower average price per unit when prices moves down, making for a lower possible profitable sell price.
To enable DCA, you must first click on the “DCA” tab for the desired pair in the trading settings. There you have to activate “DCA enabled”, then you have to activate the desired available DCA options:
- Use Martingale DCA: If enabled, Martingale DCA will be used.
- Martingale DCA always buys the same amount of quote that you already have. For example, if you have $20 worth of BTC/USDT, the next Martingale DCA order will buy another $20 worth of BTC/USDT. If the “Martingale DCA Multiplier” is set to 1, each subsequent order will buy the same amount of quote as you already have, effectively doubling your position with each order. Martingale DCA can be a high-risk strategy, but it can help recover losses more quickly if the price rebounds.
- DCA when -x% (Buy by when the whole trade -x% is in the minus.)
(If there are several DCAs, this leads to a large number of new DCAs at the end.)
- -x%: Set the minus percentage to trigger DCA.
- Minimum -x% of last buy to allow DCA when -x%: Set the minimum minus percentage difference between the last buy price and the current price to trigger DCA.
- DCA when Bollinger Bands (Buy if High Bollinger Band drops below your last purchase price. You can adjust the BB length yourself if you want.)
- BB Length: Set the Bollinger Bands length (candles used) for calculating Bollinger Bands.
- Minimum -x% of last buy to allow DCA when HighBB: Set the minimum minus percentage difference between the last buy price and the current price to trigger trigger DCA.
Important: Do not put “-” or “+” in front of any of the numbers, the bot will do it itself. Example: In the case of a dca when -%, only the number should be entered, e.g. “4”. The bot then perceives this as “-4%”.
It is possible to use several DCA options at the same time.
Don’t forget to set “DCA Buy amount” and “Max. DCAs allowed” under Balance Settings.